The Haitian American Association for Advancement (HAAFA) is a local non-profit organization [See IRS 501(c)3] dedicated to serving, organizing and enhancing the life of the Haitian community living in Northeast Florida and its vicinity.
Our vision is to be a key reference for the Haitian community living in Northeast Florida, and pursue a brighter future for all Haitians.
Our mission is to foster the ongoing growth and development in the community by creating social, academic, civic and cultural programs and activities that promote a more intelligent understanding, appreciation and public opinion of the Haitian community and its culture.
What does HAAFA symbolize for the Haitian community?
- It is a key reference for the Haitian community.
- It brings everyone together, regardless of their religion, belief, class, etc..
- It strives to provide support to everyone who is in need.
- It glues the Haitian community together and with the other community at large.
What role does the Haitian community play within HAAFA?
- The association exists because there is an active Haitian community.
- The Haitian community gave birth and life to HAAFA.
- The association belongs to the Haitian community, in other words, to all Haitians.
- We need more active members to get involved in the association.
We will achieve our goals by:
- Providing our members with best-in-class programs, support and information that will enable them to understand, integrate and succeed in the American society.
- Establishing a comprehensive networks within the Haitian community living in Northeast Florida.
- Serving as a nucleus that brings Haitian together regardless of gender, age, religious beliefs, social, economic and educational background.